Yo and hello!
So, in my first Essential Central post, I gave a very basic introduction to Essential Oils. If you've never heard of or used essential oils, then you must be living under a rock. But seriously, go check out that post first, then come back to this one IMMEDIATELY because we're discussing my favorite E.O. blend of all time!
Most E.O.'s come in two categories: singles and blends. For example, lavender essential oil is a single, meaning lavender is the only oil in it. The oil we're talking about today, Thieves, is a blend, or a combination of a few different oils.
Thieves is exclusive to Young Living, but you may be able to find a similar blend from a different company if Young Living isn't for you. Thieves is made up of cinnamon, clove, lemon, eucalyptus radiata, and rosemary essential oils.
Why you need it:
1. Thieves is a purifying oil. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties, which makes it ideal for cleaning and diffusing.
In my house, we diffuse Thieves during cold and flu season to keep the germs at bay. Because of its spicy scent, it's also great to diffuse around Christmas time. Mix it with some Citrus Fresh to get a really clean and uplifting scent going in your home.
2. Thieves can be taken as a supplement.
With the addition of Thieves Vitality to the Thieves product family, you can now safely ingest it on the regular. Do your research first, and always use a carrier oil, especially if you're new to using it. I like to add a drop to a vegetable capsule (which you can get at Sprouts), and just take it like I would a vitamin.
3. Thieves can be taken as medicine.
Whenever I feel a cold or sore throat coming on, I'll put a drop of Thieves on a spoonful of honey and swallow it down. It doesn't have the most pleasant taste, but it severely shortens my recovery time, so I'll take it!
4. You can clean with the different Thieves products.
Young Living has a myriad of products in their Thieves line. Everything from toothpaste, to dishwashing liquid, to bar soap and laundry detergent. You want to clean something with it, they pretty much have a Thieves product for it.
1. Make a DIY carpet deodorizer by mixing 1 cup of baking soda with 1 cup of borax. Add 10 to 20 drops of Thieves (and whatever other oils you want) and let the powders absorb the oil. Sprinkle the mix on your carpets, wait for 10-20 minutes, then vacuum it up. You're good to go!
2. The Thieves wipes are kind of pricy, but you can make your own at home if you have the Thieves All-Purpose cleaner. Get some strong, durable paper towels and cut the roll in half. Put the half roll in a container and add two cups of water and a cap full of Thieves cleaner. Let them sit until they have absorbed all the liquid. Keep them sealed, and whenever you're in need a quick, antibacterial wipe, bust them out and get to cleaning.
I am no E.O. expert, but I love what they've done for me and my family. They have improved our health, helped me out with cooking, and lifted my mood on more than one occasion, so they get an A+ from me. And Thieves gets an A++.
Which essential oils are you using regularly? Let me know!